Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Nana & Baba

Nana & Baba
My mom's parents, Odile and Herman, aka Nana and Baba are the backbone to my mom's side of the family. I have been blessed to have such wonderful grandparents from both sides of my family. They all are wonderful examples, loving and kind.
You see, Nana and Baba live in Hawaii and it is anyone's dream to visit there at least once in a lifetime. I was extremely lucky(according to all my friends) to have had the opportunity to spend summers with Nana & Baba. Having a dad that worked for the airlines sure did have it's benefits. Long summers with Nana and Baba in paradise was the life for sure!!
Well, no longer are the days of going to the beach all day, eating McDonalds whenever, yummy long john's (pastries), dancing in front of RECORDING camcorders to silly songs, free movies from Uncle Allen(yeah!!), adventures of a tourist and exhausting Nana & Baba to where they actually slept in after 8am!
But hearing their voice over the phone comforts me and brings me back to all my happy memories as a child growing up. I always miss my Nana and Baba because they are so far away but oppotunities to talk with them are very important. Visits are rare and few between but getting to see them is always wonderful and special. I love them for who they are and what they have taught me and will always be grateful for their love and strength.Nana and Baba with the great-grandkids
L-R:Lafai, Jaedyn, Naia, Kainoa, Leilani and Lilliana

Nana and Baba with grandkids

Marcus, Yannick, Eric, Michael, Ginette

Nana, Yannick and I

No comments: