Monday, July 21, 2008

6 year olds

Well it's round 2 of the 6 year old phase for me. I have no idea why, but for some reason, this time it's a whole lot different. My six year old has been
a)more whinnier..
b)more crybabier..
c)more lazier..
d)more stubbornier..
e)more needier..
...so for all you moms out there who can lend some help..please feel free to let me know what I'm doing wrong, if it's just a "phase," know of any books that will help, or just want to tell me to suck it up and deal with it, he's your middle child and I need to be more patient and loving and stuff, please do. Thanks for the venting session...and I'll be awaiting your advise!

2 comments:

Danny,Vycci and Kids said...

It's my experience that first grade can be the most fun and challenging time. The kids are going through a very transitional time. They want to be big kids, but they're not quite there. The grow academically more during this year than any other year. It's amazing. I remember wanting to kill Isaac every morning we were getting ready for school. He putzed around all the time and was not good at being obedient let alone listening. But there is hope. It gets better! I remember starting second grade and noticing how much easier and smoother things were going. They still need lots of love and support. Remember that they aren't as big as they think they are or as sometimes we think they should be. Good luck. Pray often for patience and love, and you will make it!!! I'll pray for you too! Love, Vycci

marisa purcell said...

My sister always has such good advice. Guess you won't need mine.jk I have one of those you know very well and I'm not sure what to do with her most of the time. I just try to give her as much one on one time as I can. And that seems to help.(well sometimes.) You do better than you think you do. Keep your head up and let us around you help as often as we can. It gives you a break. And will keep you sane.