Monday, September 22, 2008

YOU GOTTA LOVE DA KIDDOS!

On a recent venture to McDonalds, our 4 year old, Naia, graciously asked to give the prayer before going in. We were a little taken back by the fact that the 4 year old had to halt us with her little lungs from the back, back seat and remind all of us the important duty of prayer. Eddie and I looked at each other with an "uh oh, our child is reminding us of what we should be reminding them!" look and happily said, "Sure, go ahead, Naia!"
So she proceeded with a very proud tone and began her prayer...She thanked Heavenly Father for the day and the somewhat repetitious things four year olds have the capacity to remember to tell and ask Heavenly Father. She asked for all her family to be good, and then for mommy, daddy and Kainoa and Jaedyn to be safe and not die...which is so sweet to say...but then...(which I think was the funniest yet sweetest thing to say) she went on to say, "and please bless mommy so that she can be a princess!" OH I LOVE THIS GIRL! How kind and dear that my child wishes that I could be a princess! I expected her to ask is SHE could be a princess, but yet she asked if her mommy could be one. Oh bless her little heart! How children touch your heart in unexpected ways! You gotta love the kids!

** PRINCESS **

6 comments:

Liesl Law said...

That rocks!! Sweet little Naia! I was wondering just the last night when funny things come out in prayers. Our girls still repeat most of what they hear us say. Though some of the things they hear are "bless Pres. Monster" instead of Monson. LOL I love having the reminders of things from the girls!

Mindi said...

That is amazing, what a sweetheart. I'm still trying to get my Sierra to remember to say "thank you" in every prayer!

ARMYEOD07 said...

Hey there thanks for the comment....we will be in town Oct 29-Nov 5...My mom, mom in law and Celia are doing a baby shower on Nov 1st. Hope to see you guys!!!! Love ya and miss ya!!!

Mandi Castro said...

How sweet, she is sooo cute. Kids say the funniest things..

Becca said...

That is so sweet. I know how these little kids can make your day. A few weeks ago, I was feeling really ugly at church. I had no more contacts and I was wearing broken glasses. Anthony (age 2) was sitting on my lap, he squeezed my face and then said, "mommy, you're bootiful!!!" I instantly felt better about myself.

Anonymous said...

what a sweet kid!